Friday, January 1, 2010

Scrappin' New Year

Welcome 2010! Another reminder that we're getting older and hopefully, wiser? It's been a full one year since I ventured into this hobby. I am really glad that I discovered this hobby, thanks to my friend, Shahrul, who encouraged me to try. I learned a lot, and my scrapbooking style evolved too. Here is a list of what I discovered and enjoyed, one year into the field.. :))

1) I love to create 12X12 layouts, as it give me a lot of freedom to do a lot of things and it is great to capture the moment. I also like to do mini albums once in a while, which is a great treasure to keep.
2) I would describe my layouts to be cheerful, sometimes cute, and simple. I love to have 3D effects on my layouts, so I used a lot of foam tape, with everything! I like to cut papers out, play with layering, and my favorite embellies are stickers, flowers, pearls and stickles.
3) I learned a lot of new techniques through classes and self-experiment. My favorite technique now is distressing and inking the paper edges. I also got to play with stamps a bit, although still not that much.
4) Everyone shares their work on a blog.. thus I have my Scrapperocks blog.
5) Online blog challenges - at first I thought that it's difficult to join, but then it seems that everyone can join! I learned that there are hundreds of online challenges - weekly, bi-weekly or monthly challenges that sometimes I don't know which one to join! And I also learned that these blogs have their endings too. Sadly, a lot of the blog challenges I joined closed their shop, but there are still a lot more out there!
6) I am honored to be in Scrap-It-Lah and Creative Scrappers Design Team. I learned that you can apply for any DT position you want, and it's a great privilege to be selected as one!
7) Online forum - I met a lot of scrappin' friends through online forum, where we also share our creations. I joined Creative Scrappers, ScrappinKids, Groovie Cafe, and 52 sketches 52 weeks. Now all are closed or closing except for Groovie Cafe! I have to find other forums to join then!
8) I am really into sketches now. They are a lot of online sketch blogs and I love to use the sketches to create my layouts. At least, it takes my mind off the thinking part.. hehe
9) Scrapbooking products come in different brand (and they are expensive!), and each brand has its own characteristic. I used everything that is nice and bright and cheerful and colorful, everything that is available in Malaysia lah, but my favorite so far is Basic Grey and Kaisercraft. They just have the loveliest patterned papers!
10) I learned that scrapbooking products is released based on season and special occasion. I love the bright colors and summer, and sweet colors of spring. I don't really use winter or Halloween products as they don't apply to me.
11) Having a boy and a girl give me opportunity to create both girly and boyish layouts. They are different, and I like to do both, although I think my boyish layouts turned out better.

There a still a lot to learn and try, so for 2010, I hope I can achieve some of these..

1) To play with more ink, paint and misting. The layouts look more artistic with more paint and ink! Got to learn the techniques soon!
2) I want a die-cut machine! Would love to play with die-cuts as I think I can do a lot more with a die-cut machine.
3) Like to do embossing when I get myself a heat gun.. hehe
4) Would love to try out vintage style layout as I think they are just lovely and pretty!
5) Want to create more cards & mini albums
6) Want to attend more scrapbooking class, workshop and get-together. They are a lot of classes offered here, but I just can't find time to attend. Got to do a better job this year!
7) Will try to scrap more! :))

Well, there it is.. my flashback into 2009 and what's my wish list for this year. Hope I don't bore you :D Wish everyone the best in this new year and looking forward to more scrapping action! Here are some of my favorite layouts for 2009...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks you for dropping by.. Your comments are highly appreciated, they definitely make my day! Thanks a lot.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails